Thursday, October 15, 2020

Short film nine

 


Today I watched the short film "9". There were a couple of things that I liked about the short film. First off is the sound. The movie has no dialogue. Since the movie does not have any dialogue, it exaggerates the other diegetic sound, such as feet stomping, machine squeaking, or metal clanking. I think it gave this movie a cool aspect that separates it from other films. I am excited to see the full film and if they also don't use dialogue. Another component I liked is the attention to body movement. Since there were no words, the characters had to portray their feelings through body movement. I like the scene where 5 was communicating with 9. It shows the attention to detail. The movie has a strong start showing how the character 9 sets up for his trap. This is great foreshadowing because you are not quite sure what he is doing. You are left wonder what he is setting up for. The film also transitions very well into a flashback. In many films, the flashback is not shown clear leaving me wondering if I missed something. This did not happen here. An old-timey film filter was put making it clear that it was in the past. I aslo like how they faded from shot to shot. Overall, it was great as a short film and it had a good plot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vacant CCR

  How do your products represent social groups or issues? The two main social groups/issues being represented in our movie is mental illne...